winetest: add support for revision info

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Mar 24 13:58:20 CST 2004

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:
>
>> Any problem with this patch?  It's keeping me from
>> submitting the patch of patches, which actually makes it
>> possible to run a cross compiled winetest.exe! :)
>
> If you want me to apply a patch you have to send it to
> wine-patches, otherwise I assume it's here just for
> discussion.

I think I also sent it wine-patches.  The first post really
was a mistake, sorry for raising confusion.

> Anyway, I don't think reading CVS/Entries is better than
> running cvs directly, you still can't do it
> unconditionally since not everybody is building from CVS.

Yes, functionally it's the same, but reading CVS/Entries is
much faster (Dimi's reason for making it conditional was the
enormous amount of time it required), and if those files are
not present an empty file it will be created silently, which
is the expected behaviour.
--
Feri.