redirecting stdout with WineLib

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Thu Mar 25 13:00:17 CST 2004

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:
>
>> Hacking away on winetest I encountered the following
>> problem: under Windows and Wine (running cross compiled
>> binaries) it's possible to redirect the stdout of a child
>> process with CreateProcess using STARTF_USESTDHANDLES.
>> However, if I CreateProcess an .exe.so from the WineLib
>> version, the redirection is ignored.  The create_process
>> function in process.c acts on this option in both cases, but
>> I didn't investigate further.  Does anybody have an idea why
>> this happens?
>
> The Windows std handles get redirected but not the Unix
> ones, so if the Winelib app is using Unix stdio functions
> the redirection won't have any effect.

Unfortunately this is exactly what the ok() and trace()
macros do in the tests.  In the light of this I'm surprised
that the cross compiled binaries work under Wine.  Is there
a fundamental reason that it can't work under WineLib, or is
it a simple lack of code?  If the latter, what is missing?
--
Feri.