i810 audio fixes 1/2

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 27 13:36:31 CST 2004

I'm not sure deviating from the Microsoft behavior is correct. The default
is 22khz 8 bit mono unless the hardware doesn't support it. Transgaming
is correct.

Another problem is that drivers support different formats in different  modes.
Because of software emulation in alsa, a driver may appear to support any
format
but then fail when you try to mmap it because then software conversions can't
come into play.  This is also a problem with OSS emulation in alsa on this type

of hardware.