systray in desktop mode [unified resend]

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon Mar 29 16:22:46 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 22:19, Martin Fuchs wrote:
> Then I don't see how you want to be able to handle shell applications
> like Explorer and enable the systray icons in them.

Explorer isn't really a useful app to run for us, so if systray handling
doesn't work quite right for it we won't be losing sleep over it.

However, we do want native shell32 to work, so it'll be using the same
protocol.

> Well, let's see how far Mike's upcoming rewritten systray can handle this.
> I may have a look in the new code, and see if I it's possible to do it
> without knowing about the desktop mode.

Getting explorer/systray to work in Wine may not be easy, however
ReactOS and Wine should be able to share the same shell32 which I think
is the idea, yes?