[LostWages] make winehq.org HTML 4.01 Transitional + XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Mar 30 10:26:08 CST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, hatky wrote:

> Yes, this time with the patch...
>
> Change log:
> 	Ofir Petruska <hatky at users.sf.net>
> 	Validate the site as HTML 4.01 Transitional + XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid
> 	(still declaring declaring HTML 4.01 Transitional)
> 	* Case fixes (all html tags should be lower case)
> 	* Quote all attributes
> 	* End empty tags as " />"

Jeremy,

Please don't apply this patch to the pages I maintain:
  TODO, Fun Projects, Janitorial, Winelib, Status | Options, Status | Porting

As I've tried to explain in the past, these changes are totally unnecessary
for manually maintained pages: it makes it harder to maintain, for the benefit
of making it easier for the machine to parse. Bad tradeoff, especially given
that we maintain these pages daily, and the machine has absolutely no problem
parsing them.

Thanks.

--
Dimi.