Fwd: Re: Source code visualization tools?

Blake Leverett bleverett at att.net
Tue Mar 30 10:07:06 CST 2004

 Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

 > Is there such a thing as a source code visualization tool that makes a
 > "map" of a program's source? Kind of like:
 >
 >               main()
 >              function1()
 >                 /\
 >                /  \
 >          func2()   func3()
 >           func4()
 >
 > I'm basically looking for something that will help me "see" how a
 > program is laid out so that I can start working on it.
 >
 > Thanks in advance.

 I was looking for a similar thing a while back.  One great tool for
 navigating the wine source is the etags program.  In the wine source
 directory, type 'make etags'.  This makes a file called TAGS.  Then, start
 emacs, and type alt-x visit-tags-table, and load the tags file.  You can
 navigate the source by function.  See the tags manpage and the emacs
 manpage for the tags section for details.

 Blake

`--------------- Forwarded message (end)