ALSA: Allow configuration of output devices to use and change standard output plugin requested to "default"

Felix Nawothnig felix.nawothnig at t-online.de
Tue Mar 30 15:18:17 CST 2004

On 03/26/2004 04:56:00 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:

in ALSA_WaveInit():
> +    wwo->device = ALSA_GetDeviceFromReg("PlaybackDevice");

in wodClose():
> +       HeapFree(GetProcessHeap(), 0, wwo->device);

and in widClose():
> +       HeapFree(GetProcessHeap(), 0, wwi->device);

Thats wrong. wods and wids can be reopened, ALSA_WaveInit is only called
once.
Caused...

ALSA lib pcm.c:1906:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM 8ú<@
err:wave:wodOpen Error open: Success
ALSA lib pcm.c:1906:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM 8ú<@
err:wave:wodOpen Error open: Inappropriate ioctl for device

...when my app. Commenting out the HeapFree()s fixes it.
(I dunno where to put the HeapFree()s... but that's definitly the wrong
place :)