[LostWages] make winehq.org HTML 4.01 Transitional + XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid

Brian Vincent vinn at theshell.com
Tue Mar 30 14:56:05 CST 2004

> Dimi, I still don't get you, what you are saying is:
> changing class=todo to class=done is considerably easier then
> changing class="todo" to class="done"

Rule #1: whoever is willing to do the thankless job of maintaining
pages on the web site gets to tell anyone else how they'd like the
formatting to be.

Since this issue has directly affected me in the past I will point
out a real argument for making this stuff compliant:

If I copy and paste the HTML into a WWN it would be nice if
I didn't have to do a ton of markup to make it well-formed.  In
fact, I almost never reference anything on WineHQ for that very
reason.  For example, in issue #143 I went through the markup for
the original to-do list and corrected it (which is interesting
to look at now, btw).

Likewise, it's simple to copy things into the documentation.
A good example of which is:
 http://www.winehq.com/site/status_options
Parts of which may end up in the User Guide.

But that's just me, and I ain't the one maintaining it.  So
if Dimi doesn't want it then I guess the best thing to do would
be to resubmit with those parts left out.

-brian