i810 audio fixes 1/2

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 30 17:39:45 CST 2004

OK, I'm convinced alsa is the way to go. How about using the
already implemented HardwareAcceleration for setting the level
of acceleration.  Use Basic for a full plugin version, Standard for
hw access and Full for real hardware acceleration when that
becomes available. Emulation is already used for wave interface.

When set to Basic, opening a primary or secondary buffer will
succeed at the requested parameters regardless of hardware
capabilities and all controls will be available. This would be for
the typical non game user on low end hardware.

Standard will open the hw device and return what format the hardware
supports for the primary buffer and fail for secondary buffers if the
format is not supported in hardware and only support controls
available in hardware. This would be for the typical game user on
game quality hardware

Full will support the yet to be defined hardware acceleration interface