filesystem changes break autofs patch

Guido Draheim guidod-2003- at gmx.de
Wed Mar 31 01:41:17 CST 2004

To whoever is working on filesystem - let me remind you again (and again)
that bsd autofs mountpoints do not exist until accessed - and they will not
get created for removable media devices without a medium inserted, not
even upon access / stat.

Therefore, mapping "a:" to autofs'd "/vol/floppy" will not work in wine - any
mapping to nonexistant mountpoint had been silently dropped in the past
and btw one can not create a symlink to nonexistant point that easily. The
unpatched wine has been unusable for autofs for a long time.

I have been creating patches for a few years now integrating an option to
ini file / registry but they were silently ignored. It is good if you are working
again on the filesystem setup but please do not ignore autofs bsd-type
automounter system!

My patches do not work anymore, so I can not update to the lastest
wine. I'll try to be patient and looking forward to your changes.
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++ y++