E-mail Virus

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Tue May 4 07:51:15 CDT 2004

> Is it just me, or is some one posing as julliard_at_winehq.org and
> dmitry_at_baikal.ru sending e-mail virii into the mailing list? My ISP filtered
> it before I could get it, and it's a Windows virus so I doubt it could do
> very much damage. The virus is described as W32.Beagle.X_at_mm.
It's the virus sending itself, interestingly both the virus and the symantec
removal tool work perfectly on wine :)
The virus uses it's own smtp engine, so the first "Received:" should contain the
IP of the infected pc. You could contact the ISP that provides that IP, and send
them the email, they could then notify the user of that computer that his pc is
infected.

Ivan.