winedbg break on specific dll load

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 4 14:12:01 CDT 2004

Bill Medland a écrit :
> Just asking
>
> Is it possible to get winedbg to break on a specific dll being loaded?  I want
> to get at the debugger between a certain dll being mapped into memory and its
> Process attach being called (so that I can watch a memory location that gets
> loaded with incorrect information dureing the process attach)

you have at least two options:
- set winedbg's variable $BreakOnDllLoad to 1 when you are at the
winedbg prompt, and before the DLL gets loaded. It will break each time
a DLL is loaded, so you could set a bp on the entry point
- set a breakpoint on module:EntryPoint, where module is the name of the
DLL (never tested it, but should work too) (module should be expressed
as module.dll for example). This could be done anytime, and shall stop
when the DLl'sEntryPoint is called

A+