Why different use of memory

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue May 4 23:11:47 CDT 2004

Continuing the saga!!

I have this program that I am trying to run under RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.

I have installed the 20031118 rh8 rpm.
(Big saga as to why that one)

When I first run the program after a reboot (of the linux) the program fails
When I run it again it works, and it continues to work until the next reboot.

The BIG difference between the two runs is which memory it uses.  Can anyone
tell me why it is using such different areas of memory?

When it fails it is basically using memory up at approx 0xb6000000
When it is working it is using memory down at 0x40000000

-kernel32.__wine_register_dll_16(40b35374) ret=40a8cc12
+kernel32.__wine_register_dll_16(b6b8f3c4) ret=b6ae6c12

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed