winetest: move to resources

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed May 5 07:42:16 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:
>
>> Back to the topic: my main point is that the situation is
>> best expressed by a Makefile and solved by make.  Best as
>> opposed to verbosity and complexity.  I suppose this is also
>> a fairly workable scheme for those who build the winetest
>> packages while being transparent for others.  And still a
>> very straightforward application of make.  I can't really
>> see sane way to do all of this in maketest without
>> triggering superfluous relinks all the time; maybe I miss
>> something obvious.
>
> Again, please explain what you are trying to do from a
> high-level point of view; it may well be that this needs
> makefile changes, but if so they need to be done cleanly,
> which isn't the case with your patch I'm afraid.

Now I got it, hopefully.  So: the winetest executable must
contain some information about its build process which it
can write into the reports.  These are: an identification
string (usually the checkout date and time but possible
something else), a URL where the executable can be
downloaded from and a free-format block of other build info
like toolchain versions.  Some of these are presistent, some
more subject to change.
--
Feri.