Unhandled API Call to Kernel32 Question

Roger obc at toast.net
Sun May 9 19:23:18 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I am attempting to run a native windows VB6 app (United Devices) in wine, fake windows, but I
continue to encounter an unimplemented/unhandled API call "CreateRemoteThread"  to kernel32
error with any and all RH distro kernels using any wine version.  I was simply wondering if any
engineer might be considering working on implementing this call anytime soon.  I am in the
process of filling a bug report in the hopes an engineer might be motivated to take it on.  Here is
what my investigation has shown to date regarding this function.

The function appears to be properly declared in winbase.h (wine version) as is the already
implemented function 'CreateThread' along with the structure type SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES
common to both calls.  The kernel32.spec file exports show CreateRemoteThread apparently
stubbed "@ stub CreateRemoteThread" but the  implemented CreateThread shows "@ stdcall
CreateThread (ptr long ptr long long ptr)".

I wish I knew C and patch submission procedure and would gladly volunteer to work on this one
but I only know some VB and am attempting to code this call in a simple VB6 procedure to
replicate the error and, if sucessful, will be happy to provide the exe and source to winehq if
desired.

Any advice where I go from here as I want to dump win, get more hd space but I need this app?

Thanks, Roger