Unhandled API Call to Kernel32 Question

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon May 10 04:29:34 CDT 2004

On Sun, 09 May 2004 17:23:18 -0700, Roger wrote:
> I am attempting to run a native windows VB6 app (United Devices) in wine, fake windows, but I
> continue to encounter an unimplemented/unhandled API call "CreateRemoteThread"  to kernel32
> error with any and all RH distro kernels using any wine version.

Implementing this API would be extremely difficult. I'm not sure if there
is even any equivalent in the POSIX APIs. If not then I don't know what
we'd have to do - maybe bring back the service thread to respond to
wineserver requests to create remote threads.

What sort of program is this? The only use of CreateRemoteThread that I'm
aware of is for bots like Kore which inject themselves into games to
perform remote control.

thanks -mike