Running "United Devices Agent"

Roger Olson u60 at comcast.net
Mon May 10 20:18:58 CDT 2004

Saulius Krasuckas Wrote:
> Wait a minute: CreateRemoteThread() doesn't exist in win98 either.  How
> does UD behaves under Wine with [Version] set to win98?

My wine conf is set to win98 and those are the error msgs I get.  According
MS VS6 documentation, CreateRemoteThread() is supported with win 98 and
newer versions even though most believe it is NT/2000 only.  Only the
"lpSecurityDescriptor"  of the SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES structure is ignored
by non window NT OS's.

Albeit coincidental, United Devices states the agent will not work with
win95 and
earlier versions, and this call is only win98 and newer.

Thanks, Roger