probs w/ make and make install

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Wed May 12 08:57:47 CDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, eternal at antelecom.net wrote:

> retried make, which finished.  the above stop happens almost immediatly
> from make install.  this is on freebsd4.9, and this is basically the
> same that has always happened for me with all versions of wine i've
> tried.  can someone either help me get this to work, or atleast stop the
> spreading of the lie that wine works on bsd (have never heard someone
> say that they had it running on bsd).  i've been kicking
> this horse for months, is it dead?

So, let's see:
  1. Wine works on FreeBSD. In fact, we even provide binaries:
	http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6241&package_id=77562
     As I hope you can see, the lastest release is there.

  2. None of the Wine developers run *BSD. As a result, you will end up
     having problems from time to time. We try to help fix them, but
     unless the *BSD people help out, they will not get fixed. So more
     patches and less bitching would be greatly appreciated.

  3. I hate to break it to you, but this is free software. I'm not sure
     what's common behaviour in the BSD camp, but here calling the developers
     liers will not result in instant help.

--
Dimi.