Winelib Native Linux App

Simon Craythorn simon-c at intervations.com
Thu May 13 09:25:04 CDT 2004

I'm a little confused on two points.  I wrote a simple windows application
just to open a window.  It has a file menu with exit on it, and that's
about it.

All the documentation I read for Winelib suggests that re-compiling the
application is the best option as this will give a native linux app that
can be run directly.  But when I compile this app with winelib it generates
"winer.exe.so" which needs to be started with the command "wine
winer.exe.so".  This isn't my idea of being able to be run directly.

Secondly, all my windows apps and DLL's are in Borland Builder (just native
Win32 C, no VCL/MFC or other third party products).  I have Kylix3
installed.  I've managed to re-compile my test app with Kylix and link it
to the Wine libraries.  When I try and run the resulting executable it
complains that it can't fine kernel32.dll.so.  Just to test I tried copying
kernel32.dll.so to the same place as my test app, same result.  I added
/usr/lib/wine to ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig, but this doesn't help either.

Anyone any ideas on either of these issues.  Searching the lists it seems
I'm the only one to attempt compiling with Kylix at all.
--
Simon Craythorn using MailCopa V6.01
InterVations, Inc