wininet: prevent memory leak and superfluous status notifications

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 12:04:17 CDT 2004

Hello Kevin,

--- Kevin Koltzau <kevin at plop.org> wrote:
> Under Windows, InternetOpenUrl only sends one
> INTERNET_STATUS_HANDLE_CREATED and the
> handle created by this function only creates one
> INTERNET_STATUS_HANDLE_CREATED when closed

While you are working on the wininet stuff... If you have time could
you look at a way to be able to make use of Winsock on the mingw port?
We wanted to  convert wininet to winsock but Alexandre says this will
be to slow on Unix so we need to do something the wininet souce to be
able to make it use Unix sockets on Unix and Winsock on the windows
port. I dont really understand or know how this should be done as I
never really have done any socket programing. If you could fix it for
Wininet or point me to a example then I can try and do it for other
dlls we might want to share on the Windows port. I am thinking about
trying to port our ICMP.dll to Winsock also for the Mingw/ReactOS port
but once again it needs to be able to do both Winsock and Unix Sockets.

Thanks
Steven