Winelib and MFC and mixing native Windows DLLs

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu May 13 13:11:37 CDT 2004

Raghavan Gurumurthy wrote:

> Second question - If my Windows application uses 10 DLLs, do I have to
> build all these 10 DLLs in addition to the executable on Winelib? Or
> can I leave the 10 DLLs run in 'native' mode and only convert the
> executable to be built with Winelib?

I think that depends on whether the functions exported from the DLL are
exported using "dllexport", or using a "def" file. More to the point, it
depends on whether these have a C++ name mangeling, or whether they are
C functions.

If the later, you should be able to leave them as PE DLLs. If the
former, you are likely to not be able to link with them any more.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting