symbol hiding

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Fri May 14 07:53:36 CDT 2004

"Mike Hearn" <mh at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> > Sigh, I still think that ELF is inherently sick, and inventing new (intrusive)
> > workarounds makes it even worse.
>
> Maybe. But let's face it, the alternatives aren't much better. The only
> real competition is PE (Windows)  which is worse than ELF in many ways,

Can you list at least some things you think are bad in PE in comparison
with ELF? Another downside in ELF in addition to mentioned already is
missing a resource section, which makes our life implementing Wine much
harder and forces all application developers invent their own formats
to store icon/bitmap/dialog info/strings/etc. information.

--
Dmitry.