Empty (Stubs in spec only) d3drm

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Tue May 18 16:05:50 CDT 2004

> Yes it's why i say easy :)

For you, maybe :-)

> As the implement only should have little needs for Win32 APIs, this can be a
> "janitorial project" to begin to understand wine compilation/dev/... specific
> processes with easy way to test it (dx sdk demos)

Well, D3DRM is so rarely used (in all my game demos I ever tested, only one
actually used it) that it's something very difficult to do for no real gain
to Wine.

But well, I do not object to someone working on it, I just object to the
'let's add an empty DLL to Wine' approach... If adding an empty DLL, it
should at least have FIXME printed on each call (to know which calls are
used) and, even better, to have the COM hierarchy implemented with stubs to
see which calls are used in which interfaces.

Otherwise, it's no help to anyone.

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/