failure report: picasa-1.6

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun May 23 15:41:56 CDT 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004 06:52:18 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> I tried running the demo of Picasa from
> http://www.lifescapeinc.com/picasa/
> under Wine-20040213 and Wine-20040505, but the installer
> just put up "Out of Memory" boxes :-(
>
> This progam uses some unusual installer app
> (it announces which one early on when you run
> it under Windows).
>
> Anyone seen this before?

I was going to take a look at this but it turns out my Wine CVS install is
busted, for some reason it's not loading user32.dll correctly :(

21:38:07 ~ :( regedit
fixme:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException call to unimplemented function user32.dll.LoadStringA
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:win:GetDesktopWindow Wine init error: either you're trying to use an
invalid native USER.EXE config, or some graphics/GUI libraries or DLLs
didn't initialize properly. Aborting.

But anyway. From the logs you may want to try hacking in support for
CSIDL_PROGRAMS to SHGetSpecialFolderLocation(), "C:\Windows\Start Menu" is
fine to test with. If that fixes it you need to write the proper fix of
course ...

thanks -mike