CoRegisterMessageFilter

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed May 26 05:06:28 CDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:44:56 +1200, Simon Harvey wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody was doing work on or was in
> the process of implementing CoRegisterMessageFilter in
> dlls/ole32/ole2.c ?
>
> I would like to take a stab at it but i wont if
> somebody else is going to do it.

As far as I'm aware, the answer is no, but our current DCOM implementation
doesn't pump the message loop anyway as far as I'm aware: see
rpc.c where our current (only?) implementation of IRpcChannelBuffer is.

So, CoRegisterMessageFilter is fairly useless given our current
implementation of this stuff ... you may want to look at the
world-of-dcom.patch I sent to wine-patches late last year which
significantly overhauls the DCOM/RPC infrastructure. It was never applied
but we want to get it merged at some point.

thanks -mike