Help with winedbg

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 30 14:38:00 CDT 2004

Shachar Shemesh a écrit :
> Eric Pouech wrote:
>
>>> Apparently, there is a problem even without gdb at all. Attached is
>>> the output for running "winedbg program", with no arguments at all.
>>>
>>> The system is a RedHat 9 with kernel 2.4.20-31.9, and the latest
>>> glibc available from redhat for it. Wine is CVS tip for today.
>>>
>>>             Shachar
>>> err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting
>>

>> <g> it's been a long time we didn't get that one. You don't have fixed
>> font installed that matches wineconsole's needs. Usually, it means you
>> don't have a fixed font installed.
>>
>> A+
>

> Hmm..... Is that the reason it can't set the breakpoints????
>
> In any case, I'll install fixed fonts on the machine and see where it
> leaves me. Do I need to run winedbg through wineconsole?
to be precise, the console is created when winedbg launches the child
process so that winedbg and the debuggee have too seperate consoles for
their output.
If setting up wineconsole is an issue, you can:
1/ either remove the CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE flag in winedbg/winedbg.c
2/ fire your executable from the command line, and attaching to it later
on. This wouldn't work easily with ddd (still doable, but with pain)

you cannot set a bp because since the creation of the console fails, the
creation of the debuggee from winedbg fails too.

A+