compiling wine with msvc

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Nov 1 18:10:41 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, James Hawkins wrote:
[...]
> I'm pretty sure the problem is that the the msvc's rpc.h and rpcnsi.h
> files are being included when they shouldn't.  Is that about right?
> If so, what could be a possible solution?
>
> BTW I'm compiling with MSVC++ 6.0. wine cvs from 11-01-2004.

Two questions:

  * Have you checked the following section of the Wine Developer's
Guide?

    Building and running the tests on Windows
    http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/testing-windows

  * You say that you use MSVC 6.0. Did you also install a recent Platform
SDK? If not the tests won't compile as stated in the above
documentation.

As of a few days ago, I was able to compile all of the Wine conformance
tests (not the Wine dlls themselves) using: the MSVC targets, MSVC 6.0,
a recent Platform SDK and a recent Direct X SDK.

                   In a world without fences who needs Gates?