compiling wine with msvc

James Hawkins truiken at
Mon Nov 1 23:22:30 CST 2004

I have installed the latest platform SDk and directx SDK, and set up
msvc per,
but I get this error when compiling dsound_test:

uuid.lib(unknwn_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information
corrupt; recompile module
Error executing link.exe.

wineruntests.exe - 1 error(s), 11 warning(s)

Any ideas?

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:39:39 -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun <dpaun at> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:10:41AM +0100, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > As of a few days ago, I was able to compile all of the Wine conformance
> > tests (not the Wine dlls themselves) using: the MSVC targets, MSVC 6.0,
> > a recent Platform SDK and a recent Direct X SDK.
> It would be really cool if we:
>   1. Had documentation on how to do the above (building the tests with
>      MSVC) from within Linux via Wine.
>   2. Could actually build the dlls themselves with MSVC. Any efforts
>      in that direction? Did anyone try this? If so, we could track the
>      progress on the Fun Projects page.
> --
> Dimi

James Hawkins