[shellpath.c]: minor fix to Rolf's patch

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Tue Nov 2 15:51:48 CST 2004

>> ShCreateDirectory should fail with that error if the directory
>> really already existed.
>
> I agree that SHCreateDirectory should fail, but I'm not convinced
> it is crucial in the specific SHGetFolderPathW function. But I may
> be wrong.

I was wondering about that too. In my case what happened when I
registered wine.inf was that it aborted after every single directory
it created because of that error.

So I had to restart it many times and did in between different tests
such as adding printing out status informations. Every time another
path got created and then when I was finally checking at NtCreateFile
level all the directories were finally created.

So I thought I would delete a few directories again but executing wine.inf
registration again did not create the missing directories anymore!!

I was very much wondering if the registration process really should abort
completely when one of the registration parts failed for some reason. It
would seem more sensible to me to continue with the rest of the registration
anyhow.

Rolf Kalbermatter