could not open .def for my winelib library

Jia L Wu jwu at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Nov 3 06:08:09 CST 2004

Hi,

I have created one winelib library (e.g. mylib.dll.so). When I try to link
to it during the executable generation (using winemaker's -i option), I
got the following error: could not open .def for mylib. I didn't
manually created a spec file during the winelib library generation so I
don't have def file for it. I checked winebuild manpage, it seems that def
file is only needed when building dlls with a PE(win32) compilers.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it? Thanks.

Cheers,
Wu