The Return of IE6 Problems

Dan McGhee farmerdan at i-rule.net
Wed Nov 3 06:16:57 CST 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:

> ITSS was implemented by Mike - as it's a component of IE I guess it
> should at least work with it so I'm CCing him. It may be that he
> implemented it for some other app rather than IE and he doesn't have
> time to bring it up to scratch for IE right now. I'm not sure.
>
> The second patch suggests that we got RegInstall wrong. That needs to
> be fixed, but for now you can probably get IE back to a working state
> again by overriding both these DLLs as native (itss, advpack).

I updated from cvs at about 0530 CST, November 2.  I now need use only
system.reg from a wine in mid-August to get IE6 to run and the help
engine is functional.  I do not need to use a different user.reg now.
Additionally, either native or builtin itss or advpack work fine.  The
only difference is that with a native itss the fonts in the Help Window
are "prettier."

> If you look at the script I wrote back in January, quite a lot of what
> it does is simply overriding various incomplete DLLs. I no longer
> maintain that script (buy CrossOver! :) but if you want to take over
> maintenance by all means do so, I'd be happy to help you get up to speed.

I would like to try to do this.

To do my regressions, I wait for the monthly snapshot and download the
full-cvs.  I would like to keep my repository updated.  Do I just
"commit" from the updates of my sandbox?  Or is there another way to get
Alexandre's commits into my repository.

Thanks,

Dan