task modal messagebox implementation

Ivan Leo Puoti puoti at inwind.it
Thu Nov 4 16:06:15 CST 2004

I'm trying to implement taskmodal message boxes, what I've done up to now is
attached.
The problem is that with my current implementation if a window is disabled
before MessageBox*() is called, it is then
enabled after the user closes the messagebox, and Lionel has tested this on
win98 and this is not what window does.
I use EnumThreadWindows to loop trough all the top level windows in the thread
and disable them, ideally I should
check the status of each window, save the handle of each window that is disabled
before MessageBox was called, and not
enable them after DialogBoxIndirectParamW has returned. But as the
EnumThreadWndProc function has no way of returning information directly to the
caller of EnumThreadWindows I'm unsure where I should save this data.
Should I use a global variable, a temp reg key, or am I taking the wrong
approach to this problem?

Ivan.

Libero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione.
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it