Default System Colors

William Poetra Yoga H williampoetra at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 03:35:25 CST 2004

--- Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:

> I like it ;-)
>
> Stefan Dösinger

Roderick: Please reply below the original post, not above it (everyone else
does it, so not doing it could cause some confusion IMO)

Yeah, I personally like the Classic Theme colors too... :)

I think Roderick's suggestion is good. I'll take a look at uxtheme, and if it's
usable I think we should use it; if not I think it's better to change the
default colors for now (no addition of code, just change of some constants),
and then when uxtheme is ready, we can add more themes. What do you (all)
think?

Why I really like the WinXP Classic colors to be implemented:
1. It's nice, soft to the eye (I said this before)
2. It makes gradient caption bars look nice (when I finish the work on gradient
caption bars, that is)
3. It has a positive mental effect (see reason #1)
4. It encourages hacking on WINE (see reason #1, #3)
5. It's not difficult to implement
6. It doesn't break compatibility with apps, and provides above-stated
advantages