D3D8

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 05:57:23 CST 2004

All I can say is any assistance with the d3d8/9 stuff is very gratefully
accepted! If you have any questions or want help, feel free to drop me a
note or post on wine-devel, and I'll try to respond.

As per Lionel's note, I'm trying to move all the code into wined3d and make
d3d8 and d3d9 call it, effectively making only one place to maintain so
there is a lot of churn at the moment. It should settle in a couple of
months (Once I get my latest patch in, things will move faster as well, once
I know the way to solve certain problems).

If you want suggestions as to what to work on, there's enough areas :-)

- One I would say needs doing at some point is to take eg. 3dMark2002se, and
get figures for it (I'd be interested if someone has a dual boot
windows/linux machine to get comparisons on time), and try some profiling to
work out where the time is spent and speed things up!

- Apart from that, pick a game, and get the graphics right!

- Or search the web for d3d8 (or 9, when it's there) demos which don't work
and you have the source as well to, as you then know where to target in

Jason