150 test failures. advapi32 test crashes.

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Sun Nov 7 18:02:15 CST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 02:19:31PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I pulled down sources from CVS this morning, and tried
> running the regression tests.  There are about 150 failures.
> Here's a summary:
>
> $ grep "Test failed" log | sed 's/:.*//' | uniq -c | sort
>       1 filtergraph.c
>       1 rsaenh.c
>       1 shelllink.c
>       1 shreg.c
>       2 typelib.c
>       4 capture.c
>       4 wave.c
>       6 dsound8.c
>       6 dsound.c
>       7 vartype.c
>       8 path.c
>      15 crypt.c
>      43 metafile.c
>      51 shellpath.c
>
> Is this unusual?   How many failures are most people seeing?
Hard to say, only a few. Didn't tried in recently because the tests that
exercieses the xranr X server extension can randomly crash my X server
(NVidia binary only) or bring it into an unusable state. But i don't
blame Wine for that.

> For what it's worth, this is a Red Hat 9.0 system with two processors,
> and this was done with no pre-existing .wine directory.
You need a .wine directory which you can create with wineprefixcreate.
For a couple of tests (at least typelib) you need a native stdole32.tlb
and oleaut32.dll (easiest to get by installing DCOM95 or DCOM98).
The dsound tests are highly dependant on your linux sound driver.

> Also, there was a crash during the test.  Here's that part of the log:

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart