Miscellaneous UI Fixes

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:12:03 CST 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:36:17 -0700, Tony Lambregts
<tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net> wrote:

> William Poetra Yoga H wrote:

> >>Just to be clarify a bit more, a "patch" fixes one thing, or several
> >>closely related things. A patch can contain changes to multiple files,
> >>when multiple files need to be changed to fix something. After applying
> >>a single patch, Wine should be able to be recompiled and run, presumably
> >>with whatever was being fixed now working.
> >>
> >>In the case of your original email, where there is one attachment for
> >>menu size and one for nonclient size, they probably should be sent in
> >>separate patches/emails.
> >>

> > OK, but the size patch in menu.c and nonclient.c are actually a fix for a
> > thing: the size of the menubar. So I think it should be sent in one mail,
> > right?
>
> If the resulting patch is small yes. If it is larger the typicaly you should
> send several smaller patches with the same subject line + some indication
> that they are patch 1 of N.
>
> --
>
> Tony Lambregts
>

> If the resulting patch is small yes. If it is larger the typicaly you should
> send several smaller patches with the same subject line + some indication
> that they are patch 1 of N.

If these 1 to N patches rely on each other to be committed to compile
correctly, then this is not what we want.  You need to send one fix
per email, one patch per fix, and the subject and changelog should
specifically state what you are changing in each fix.

--
James Hawkins