Ekush

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Nov 10 03:52:02 CST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 10:16:06AM +0100, Ge van Geldorp wrote:
> > Ekush (http://www.ekush.com) published some binaries.
> > Surprise, surprise, it looks like ReactOS very much (Check
> > e.g. the radio buttons on the "Accept License" screen during
> > 2nd stage setup).
>
> This pisses me off bigtime. I can only explain it as a deliberate attempt to
> use the work of Qemu, FreeType, Wine and ReactOS without giving credit.
Oh no, not again!!

I'd ask them to detail their intentions given that they're using our
licensed code improperly.
Don't be impolite, but make sure that your point comes across.

Maybe tell them that you don't see any advantage of having a separate project
deal with exactly the same kind of task, and maybe that cooperation
would be a much better idea, especially since they pretty much appear
to use our code improperly, and even seem to want to actively hide it away.
ReactOS and Wine certainly could make use of some help ;-)

Just don't escalate the whole thing from the very beginning, this would
be "less clever than possible". ;-)

Andreas Mohr