Kernel 2.6.9

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:46:43 CST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:30:24 -0500, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:22:10 +0100, Ivan Leo Puoti <puoti at inwind.it> wrote:
>

> > >What could possibly be different between our systems that would cause
> > >this problem?
> > Anything but wine and the kernel, could you try this binary package and see if
> > it works? Like this you can find out if it's a runtime or compile time problem.
> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-20041019-mdk.i586.rpm?download
> >

> > Ivan.

> > Libero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione.
> > Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it
> >

> I installed that rpm and I'm still getting the error.
>
> --
> James Hawkins

The problem is solved on my system now.  I was getting this error
before the crash:

Couldn't open required GL library /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.4.502!

I google'd that error and found that I needed to make sure that my
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1 pointed to the same thing
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 pointed to.  After fixing this, I know
longer have the crash.  I'm not sure, Paul, if you're getting any lib
warnings like this before the crash, but if you do, check them out and
see if fixing those warnings fixes the crash.

--
James Hawkins