Kernel 2.6.9 - Issue Found

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at
Mon Nov 15 18:57:53 CST 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 08:45:00PM -0700, Jesse Allen wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 06:11:33PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > I couldn't find the patch at either of the two
> > links Jesse posted, but I did see something similar here:
> >
> That's a brand new patch today.
> "x86: only single-step into signal handlers if the tracer asked for it."
> Looks like Linus may have been alerted by the problem and made this patch just
> in time for 2.6.10-rc2.  Is this the "switch-off" we need?
> I'll be testing it shortly.

It doesn't seem to fix the copy protection problem.  So I'm wondering a few
things.  Does wine need to be patched?  This new patch seems to be related to
a chunk of code added in patch #2 mentioned in the original posting.  I've
tried 2.6.10-rc2 with patch #1 reversed and patch 1+3 reversed.  No difference
this time.

Any idea will help.