read registry

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Nov 22 09:52:44 CST 2004

mammique wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i'm looking for a lightweight way to read the windows regitry. I don't
>know windows, so i don't know how it's done. The goal in simply to check
>the windows network configuration of a machine from a live-cd, to use
>the same parameters on the running live-cd. Do i need wine api and dlls
>to do that, or is this the windows registry readable using lower-level
>way ? I would prefer not to use wine, then network detection could be
>done from ramdisk during boot.

If you are a programmer, then you can hack up wine/misc/registry.c to do
read the registry and output in whatever format you want. Otherwise, you
could put together several wine libs, together with regedit (so probably
regedit, ntdll, advapi32, kernel32 and maybe user32, gdi32, and ttydrv)
and then you can do command line stuff with regedit. You will have to
hack around with your wine config file to make it use the windows
registry though.
In short, what you are trying to do isn't really a part of wine's goals,
so you are going to have to do a bit of work to do what you want.

Rob