SHBrowseForFolder

Robert van Herk robert at robertvanherk.nl
Tue Nov 23 10:24:28 CST 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to implement the Browse button in the winecfg application,
that would allow people to browse for a directory to use as their
virtual c drive. In order to do so, I though I'd use the
SHBrowseForFolder function from shlobj.h (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shbrowseforfolder.asp).

However, when I tried this in Wine, I get a compiler warning:

In driveui.c I did:
                case IDC_BUTTON_BROWSE_PATH:
                    SHBrowseForFolder(0);
                    //MessageBox(dialog, "", "Write me!", MB_OK);
                    break;

Then, at compile time I get:
               driveui.c:589: warning: undefined reference to
`SHBrowseForFolderA'

I made sure that there is a line that says:
                  #include <shlobj.h>

When I try to launch the app, I get

./winecfg
wine: could not load
L"Z:\\home\\robert\\Documents\\devel\\wine\\programs\\winecfg\\winecfg.exe.so":
/home/robert/.wine/dosdevices/z:/home/robert/Documents/devel/wine/programs/winecfg/winecfg.exe.so:
undefined symbol: SHBrowseForFolderA

Does this mean that the SHBrowseForFolder thing is not implemented?
Probably it is, because I checked Wine's shlobj.h. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Robert