dlls/mscms/profile.c breakage

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Nov 24 06:13:12 CST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Hans Leidekker wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 November 2004 14:07, Francois Gouget wrote:
>> What I meant is that we should check for one of these new APIs that we
>> need, and if we don't find it we should just do as if lcms.h was
>> missing.
> Yes of course, I meant that too, and we should do that. But you presented
> this as a better solution for the breakage Gerald experienced than asking
> him to upgrade to lcms 1.13, which I don't agree with.

I do think it's a better solution. Just like it's better to let Wine
compile even if the ALSA development libraries are not installed or
obsolete, eventhough the resulting winealsa is going to be

If you want to make sure that users don't accidentally build Wine
without lcms support you could modify configure.ac to print out a
warning like we do for ALSA & co:

if test -z "$ALSALIBS"
   echo "*** Alsa not detected. The winealsa.drv.so driver will be a dummy."

However i'm not sure that's warranted.

A related question is which version is normally shipped on FreeBSD (and
I guess that's likely different for 4.x and 5.x). I guess that for 4.10
this is 1.09 but for 5.x it's probably a more recent version. Next
question is: with the threading / memory allocation issues, does Wine
have a chance to run right on 4.x? If not and lcms is up-to-date enough
in 5.x then supporting the old 1.09 is probably not a priority.

          Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient \xE0 demander
                          si un sous-marin peut nager.