Winecfg -> browse for folder

Robert van Herk robert at
Wed Nov 24 09:49:15 CST 2004

>Yes that'd work as well. I'd rather have a magic winecfg flag than
>copy/paste the code as that way we get bugfixes in shell32
>automatically. But Alexandre tends to prefer copy/paste over hacking
>code around or using static libraries, so I'm not sure which way he'd
>prefer here.
>>Anyways: the choice is still: should I reimplement SHBrowseForFolder,
>>but then for Unix file system, or should I mount the stuff in a Windows
>>directory and then use that as pidlRoot for the normal SHBrowseForFolder?
>Right now, it'd be easiest to add a winecfg mode to SHBrowseForFolder.
>But it's Alexandres call.
OK, I guess I'll just wait for his answer on this then.

Also, I am having some troubles into tricking the SHBrowseForFolder
thingy into using a different root folder, since I guess I need to use
for that, but that doesn't seem to be implemented in Wine.

Finally, I don't know how to free PIDLS. In the MSDN documentation they
use C++ calls for that, but I don't know how to port that to C.

Well, anyways, now I understand why you didn't do the directory browser
yet :-D.