profiling GTA4. question about polling

Brian Gunlogson bmg300 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 13:43:05 CST 2004

The patch you gave me is too incomplete to run GTA :(

I can start a game, but once the loading screen says it is done, the game crashes. Looked at the
console, it says, "fixme:drawStridedFast TODO".

The crash happens at the end of drawStridedFast(), inside glDrawElements().

Your patch will really speed things up when it is finished. In a fresh CVS tree, I disabled
drawStridedSlow and applied 2 polling patches submitted to wine-patches. The game works almost as
fast as in Windows!!

Brian G.