Winecfg -> browse for folder

Robert van Herk robert at
Sat Nov 27 03:37:10 CST 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:42:24 +0100, Robert van Herk wrote:
>>3. Nice, but we loose strict win32 compatibility, since there will be a
>>magic flags that doesn't exist in win32.
>This is the most lightweight so I'd go for it for now. If we find that the
>flag value we pick is already in use we can just change it, no big deal.
>We already use custom Wine flags in other parts of the code (eg
Internally though, the SHBrowseForFolder dialog
(dlls/shell32/brsfolder.c) uses pidls, which, as far as I know, are a
specific win32 thing for identifying paths uniqually.

Thus, if I'd make an extra flag in the dialog, I would have to extent
pidls to, so that they can hold unix paths. Is that a wise thing to do?
Or should I take another approach?