No RichEdit20A window class

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sat Nov 27 08:55:14 CST 2004

I have been working on richedit a little also, and am quite keen to get
the ball rolling by having some richedit 2.0 code in winehq that others
can help work on it.  I'm quite interested to see the source for this.

Whether you show us or not, the copyright for the source still belongs
to you.  If you choose to license it under LGPL, then you can still
release it under a different license later, so long as you are the sole
author.

I think you'll find that the development proceeds much quicker if you
release your source, and get it integrated into the Wine tree sooner
rather than later.  People will submit patches fixing your code, and new
features.

When you do release your "completed" riched20 code, LGPL patches will
still be submitted against it, and you'll experience the same licensing
problems if you wish to incorporate other people's code.

Frankly speaking, people promising to release their source code "at a
later date" is an impedement to development, because nobody is motivated
to work on the promised feature in the mean time.

Please consider "release early, release often", so we can work together
on this :)

Mike