Winecfg -> browse for folder

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Nov 30 08:43:48 CST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Robert van Herk wrote:
[...]
> Internally though, the SHBrowseForFolder dialog (dlls/shell32/brsfolder.c)
> uses pidls, which, as far as I know, are a specific win32 thing for
> identifying paths uniqually.
>
> Thus, if I'd make an extra flag in the dialog, I would have to extent pidls
> to, so that they can hold unix paths. Is that a wise thing to do? Or should I
> take another approach?

Is there actually anything that prevents us from storing a Unix path in
a PIDL? It's been quite some time since I looked at PIDLs and my memory
is a bit fuzzy but I believe it would be quite feasible.

If there's something preventing it, wouln't a Shell Namespace extension
be the right solution?

         War doesn't determine who's right.  War determines who's left.