[Wine] Edit Windows XP registry with wines regedit?

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sun Oct 3 03:42:21 CDT 2004

Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

>I hope there would be no license [2] collisions.

You meant to say that you hope that the license collisions are resolvable.

The current license is not LGPL compatible due to the "no making money"
clause. The "docs" credit is also not LGPL compatible. However, the
author also says:

>If you ask I will very likely allow other types of distribution.
>(have already had questions of it as a bonus on eBay auctions.
> ask, and you will likely get permission)
>I'm just a kind of control freak, so I want to know what's going on.

which gives hope that if you ask him nicely, he will be willing to
relicense the relevant parts as LGPL.

>[2] http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/COPYING.txt

             Shachar
p.s.
The "no commercial distribution" runs counter to item 1 of the open
source definition (http://opensource.org/docs/definition.php). This
means that this license is not an open source license. One has, of
course, every justification for saying "so what", but I just wanted to
mention this.

       Sh.

--
Shachar Shemesh