Compiling Wine with MSVC

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Oct 5 08:00:45 CDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Martin Fuchs wrote:

> OK, here is the next problem.
> The tool msvcmaker prints the following error messages:
>
> $ tools/winapi/msvcmaker
> Global symbol "$wine_dir" requires explicit package name at tools/winapi/msvcmaker line 52.
[...]
> Execution of tools/winapi/msvcmaker aborted due to compilation errors.
>
> My perl version used is the current one of Cygwin: v5.8.5

It looks like it does not find the $wine_dir declaration. We are
supposed to import it from the config module which in fact imports it
from the setup module. Does it work better if you edit
tools/winapi/msvcmaker as follows?

-use config qw(&file_directory &get_spec_files &get_makefile_in_files $current_dir $wine_dir);
+use setup qw($current_dir $wine_dir);
+use config qw(&file_directory &get_spec_files &get_makefile_in_files);

     Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?