dbghelp functions are A only

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 8 12:48:55 CDT 2004

Vincent Béron a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that dbghelp's functions are only implemented as A variant,
> while MSDN says they're available as either Unicode or Ascii variant.
> Should we rename the current ones A and create stub W before properly
> implementing in W and make the A call the W?
you shouldn't rename to A (at leat in the .spec files), because, sadly
enough, MS didn't use for dbghelp the standard A/W naming, but started
with pure ASCII functions (without any A suffix), and then added unicode
afterwards.
anyway, I still wonder why you would need unicode for debugging info
(you would need them for the file names) ? I don't know of a programming
language with variables outside the 7bit range (at least not for C, C++,
asm... which are currently supported in debugging)
A+